A set of tools are available to help during the learning process and facilitate the fulfillment of the different course requirements including collaborative work.
- Several communication tools are at the disposal of students and teachers to support their activities during the courses.
- LCMS: its a course management system available in each partner university which allows students to have access to course material, post assignments or projects, make tests and also communicate with teachers/colleagues through chat, discussion forum or email. The LCMS' used by the universities offering the Energy Online Master Program are:
- Citrix: allows to have access to different programs needed in some courses
- Remote Labs: a few labs are available in some courses
- CompEdu: Computerized educational platform (CompEdu) in Heat and Power Technology
- Electronic Library Resources: it is possible to access the different library resources available online (e.g. e-Books, e-Journals, etc) and also make normal library requests for printed books at each partner university where the student is registered.
- Student counselors:
- Guidelines on how to write a report: For all scientific writing it is important to follow the guidelines, rules and regulations stipulated by the organisation where the paper, report etc should be presented. With the goal to train the student in report-writing a special format shall be followed for all written doumentation in the program. For more information on this matter, see the 15 or 30 ECTS MSc thesis project courses.
- Review process guidelines: As part of the learning system students and teachers will evaluate all written reports in an official way. The format selected for the program is based on the "ASME (=American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Review Form". This is used extensively for review of scientific papers and is as such well adapted to an educational program of the present kind. As this will be followed strictly in all courses throughout the program the students will get a good training for future scientific publications and peer reviews.
Last modified 22/08/2013